Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2012 Challenge - New Techniques

Scrapbook Inspiration by Jennifer Sloane
One of the membership requirements of the BBArtisans is to participate in six monthly challenges.  This condition was launched to help members grow and stretch their imaginations (even if you're not a member of the team, stretch your imagination along with us!  And please link the BBArtisans Blog to your post!)

The January 2012 Challenge is brought to you by the Storybeader and is called New Techniques.  

This first Challenge was set in motion because I'm always wanting to try new projects but stress about where to find the time?  So, BBA members are hereby given permission to set aside time to work on a new project you haven't tried before.  It can be within your field of expertise, but doesn't have to be.  This Challenge also asks members to blog about your New Technique at least once during the month of January and talk about your progress.  It's a good time to ask questions and get some help (if needed) from the rest of us.

Here are some other things you might want to know about the BBArtisans Challenges:

1) There will be 12 monthly challenges with a given theme. Being a member of the BBA requires you to participate in at least six (6) challenges during of the year and to blog about your entry.
(Want to see what other challenges are coming up?  January through June Challenges are currently available to read about on the Challenges tab.)

2) One blog post must be submitted to the Team Blog linky about your Challenge between the 26th and the end of the month.

3) No late submissions will be acceptable.

4) Feel free to put any project you create in your shop, and talk about the Challenge in your description!

Convo the Storybeader on Etsy if you have any problems.

6 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Let the fun begin! I'm so excited for these challenges!!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Do tell us about the photograph on this post! Please! I love it!

BeadedTail said...

I'm really looking forward to the challenges for myself and to see what everyone else comes up with! Thanks for hosting it Deb!

Rose Clearfield said...

Great post about the January challenge! I have my project finished and post scheduled and am looking forward to seeing what everyone creates.

storybeader said...

I'm excited to start the challenges too. And sharing with everybody here. Margaret, the photo is from me browsing around Pinterest. Isn't is perfect for us! {:-D

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about this challenge! I totally agree with you Deb, it's so hard to set aside time to work on "side projects" or things you've always wanted to make. I'm thinking hard about if I want to do something totally new or expand my knitting knowledge....